I’m getting another fishtank for free from someone who is leaving! I think this one might go into the kitchen. Perhaps this is getting out of hand…Maybe over the winter I’ll just stick some of my sadder succulents in it with the heat-lamp on.
birdonwing asked: I don't know if you participate in these things at all (or if you've already answered it) but I thought it was nice, so here you go. Ignore if you want of course: "Once you get this, you have to say 5 nice things about yourself and send to ten of your favorite followers! Love thyself. :)"
I usually don’t, but I am stuck in the office for 4 hours today…However, I am only going to send this to 1 other person, not 10….
1. I can usually see through to the heart of a problem and I have been told that I give pretty good advice.
2. I get on really well with my Mother and Grandmother who are both wonderful people. I think at my best I am a balance between them in terms of romantic/hardheaded pragmatist.
3. I have an incredible memory. Almost photographic.
4. I am unafraid of bullies. I have dealt with all the kinds and there is fuck all they can do to get at me now.
5. I can decorate really nicely on a tiny budget. I am especially proud of the room I had in university: The bed was curtained off with tapestry curtains I made from a bedspead I bought in a charity shop. All my stuff was in a built-in and alcove. The rest of the room had a small table and chair that I painted and re-covered in green. The large French doors at the end of the room were covered in light white curtains and the room was filled with plants. Basically it was a perfect little pseudo medieval bedchamber + breakfast room and one of the things I have ever made that I am most proud of. My current apartment is pretty nice too.
I got my brother a big jar of mango pickle for his birthday. He was very happy with it. For the past year whenever he has come over to my house he has had some of mine…
Prague ProArt festival 2013… Most beautiful dance moments :)
FKA Twigs - Ache
I wish I knew who the guy in this is. I’m searching.
Twigs’ videos are consistently very interesting, I’m looking forward to see what she does this coming year.
I came across some interesting music videos using (kind of modern) dance in an intense and somewhat dark way this year. I’m not sure if I have missed out on good ones in the past or if this was a bumper year; but anyway I’ll be posting them today.
'Shrigley, shortlisted for a show at the South Bank's Hayward Gallery, installed a comic naked male model in Derry, who occasionally pees into a bucket, and encouraged visitors to draw it as if at a life class. Shrigley, best known for his humorous naively styled drawings, had also been backed as a possible winner. The artist has proposed a giant thumbs up for the empty, fourth plinth on Trafalgar Square.'
I don’t think my eyes are capable of rolling back far enough to express my feelings.
Subjected the boyfriend to this over the weekend. Not sure he loved it as much as I…
Reading the depositions from the 1879 apparition at Knock, and it is great how clearly the Mayo accent/dialect/ comes through in some of the testimonies.
Wasn’t much of an apparition though…. Elsewhere little children were being shown visions of the apocalypse, but down in Mayo there were some images on a gable end.
In person they look sort of mysterious and you have to move around to see them properly and get all the details.